Another year has passed. After realising how much I enjoyed writing my 2013 post I did this time last year I’ve decided to do it again for this past year.
I don’t keep a diary, never have. Although I decided to try something different this year; I decided to take a picture everyday and post it to my Instagram account. This proved challenging at times, and took a bit of getting used to but I’ve found it later insightful as to how I spend my time! (Many days it was easy to take a picture of food, but hey, eating is important for survival!) Check out my instagram feed here
Here’s my random highlights from the year:
- Released initial version of Sales app
- Researched the parts required and built a custom Quadrocopter.
- Went to the Wellington Sevens (a massive fancy dress party/sports event that everyone in Wellington appears to partake in)
- Moved into flat #3, another place in Mt Victoria, Wellington.
- Started using my flatmates guitar to learn the basic chords.
- Broke and fixed my quadrocopter multiple times
- Released my first Cocoapod, Hoist
- My LIFX arrived; buy one, they’re amazing.
- Released an update to Tides US
- Went to Fiji for a week with the PaperKite team
- Learned the basics of Rails
- Spoke about Kanji Cut at the iOS dev meetup (a game me and @olibridgman started to make)
- Went to Sydney for 2 days
- Successfully launched the new version of the All Blacks app. Monitored the backend intensely.
- Purchased a Boss RC-30 Loop Pedal + my own acoustic/electric guitar + amp.
- Turned 22.
- Went to the UK for 2 weeks.
- Got an iPhone 6.
- Spent Christmas and New Year in Auckland for the last 2 weeks of the year.
Here’s to 2015!